Friday, October 4, 2013

Cardboard Tube and Washi Tape Chalkboard Holder

Yes, it's Atop Serenity Hill, one of my favorite blogs! Here they've come up with a chalkboard holder which makes use of a cardboard tube and adds washi tape as decoration.

cardboardtubewashitapechalkholder

Oh, it is SO cute! And its super easy to make!

cardboardchalkholderCollage

I made my own, but since I didn't have craft burlap at hand, I cut a bit of burlap from an empty rice sack. I knew that some people didn't have washi tape, so I decided to not use some (determined to make this even more DIY!) and instead I out strips of white paper that I had designed with markers, and then I glued the paper strips to the cardboard tube. After, I covered the tube with clear Scotch packaging tape. Sorry for no picture!  I'll have this post updated as soon as I take one!

Atop Serenity Hill also has a tutorial for a Foamcore Chalkboard with a Washi Tape grid. I have to make one as soon as I have the chance!

foamcorechalkboardwithwashitape



Happy Crafting!
<3 m.j.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤