Sunday, December 15, 2013

Guest Post: Homemade Wrapping Paper Using Stamps

Hi, everyone! Today Amalia from Handmade by Amalia (You can visit her fabulous blog at www.handmadebyamalia.blogspot.com) will be guest-posting for us! Hope you enjoy!


MJ

.............

Hello, everyone! I wanted to show a simple way to make your own wrapping paper using stamps. I hope this would come in handy at this time of year for those not yet done with their preparations. I was lucky enough to find a whole bag of wooden cubes, but this could also be made using wine corks, bottle caps and such.



So, to begin. I cut pieces of craft rubber sheets into shapes in a variety of colors and glued them to the cubes (if you are indeed using cubes a good tip would be to only use four sides and leave two empty so that you have a clean grip).



I began stamping on a white piece of paper. I chose to stamp with gouache colors rather than ink to get a more interesting texture and a wider variety of colors. Once the pages were dry all that was left was to begin wrapping presents. If you stamp a b4 sheet you can wrap quite a large package.



Hope you like it!
Amalia



2 comments:

  1. What a cute way to make wrapping paper! I tried this and instead of rubber, I used craft foam. Paint shows up way better than ink! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samantha, I know, I'm so glad Amalia could share this with us. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤