Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Panda Corner Bookmark


Hello! Today I made something easy....a Panda Corner Bookmark! Sooner or later I will post an origami tutorial, but I found this one (below) on Etsy and it looked super simple..So I decided to make my own.


Panda corner bookmark

This isn't exactly a tutorial, as I didn't show you how to make the panda or the suitcase. For me, it was just a "copy down the shapes on the screen." However, these were the materials I used (the glue is not shown, but you will definitely need glue!)


What you will need is an envelope, scissors, glue, white cardstock, and a Sharpie. I used a pencil to draw the shapes first, in case I made any mistakes. For the "corner" just cut off the bottom corners of the envelope.


I drew the panda on the piece of cardstock, cut it out, and made a mini suitcase with some floral cardstock.


Then I glued the suitcase to the panda's hand, and the panda to the envelope corner. Here the bookmark is now, lovingly perched onto a corner page of Red Thread Sisters. The book sits right on my desk, so of course it would be the first one to use when trying out my bookmarks. You can also see the tip of my candy-cane nailed finger at the bottom of the picture (the book was curling up, so I had to kinda stop it).


There IS a complete difference between my Panda Corner Bookmark and the Etsy one, but that's fine. :) I drew the panda, anyway, while the other one looks to be a printout designed online.

Panda corner bookmark 

Have fun making your bookmark! I'd love to see what you come up with....

love love love! MJ

P.S. This was another chance for me to work on my blog, seeing as I'm SUPER busy with my crazy life...and midterms are almost done! Let's hope I don't fail the French course or something! 

And have you checked out my new blog button? (located on right sidebar). I really love cartoon onigiri! I also will be creating a Buttons page that has all different kinds of cute buttons for this blog, besides the one I already have! Be on the lookout! ^_^

13 comments:

  1. I just love the bookmark, the panda is simply adorable. I can't wait to make one, but I will probably have to use a panda print-out, as I can't draw. :) Can't wait to see your new blog buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bookmark, also I will be on the lookout for those new blog buttons! Hope you did well on your midterms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, just a quick announcement....I created my Blog Buttons page today with 3 buttons you might want to use. The page is up and running along with my other pages now (under the blog title). Enjoy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you find the cutest things and make your own. :) This bookmark is really cute, and I love the floral cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha :) The floral cardstock was actually from a cardstock box that was too cute to throw away. :)

      Delete
  5. Cute bookmark, and I LUV LUV LUV your blog buttons! The cartoon onigiri make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia! I love cartoon onigiri, and I wanted kawaii blog buttons, so... :)

      Delete
  6. Hi again MJ...I feel kinda embarrassed to ask, but how would you put one of your blog buttons on your blog? Not for me, but my CRAZY friend who is new to Blogger wanted to know. And since I don't have my own blog, I had to ask...thanks omg but I feel so embarrassed right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anni, no, don't be embarassed at all! I remember that when I first started blogging, I wondered the same thing! So, if you want to add the blog button as a gadget, you copy the code, go to Layout, click on Add Gadget and scroll down to find the HTML/JavaScript gadget. Paste the code there, and save the gadget. Another method-like putting the blog button on a post or page, is opening the post or page, and clicking HTML. You will find the HTML button to the left of the post title. Once you get to the HTML spot, you can paste the code there. Sorry if it sounds kind of confusing, I tried to explain as best as I could. Hope this helps!!! ♡♥♡

      Delete
  7. Your corner book mark is adorable.
    I made some with the corners of recycled envelopes as well :)
    Good luck on all of your mid terms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤