Monday, February 24, 2014

24-Hour Sewing Projects: MJ's Book Review

Hope you all are having a wonderful day! :) I just wanted to share a book review with you. A book review? Have I ever done one before? I don't think so...but firsts for everything, as I like to say. :)

I was so lucky to find this book! And, of all places, it was in one of the closets! I was helping my mom pack away things--you know, things we didn't need, or use anymore. My parents have always been carrying on about giving away my old books and toys at a garage sale--but they've never had the time, lol. :) So we looked in that closet, and I have to say, pouring upon those Winnie the Pooh hardcovers and American Girl Dolls did make me smile! Aww, I love my childhood memories. :) Then I found the book, tucked away in the back. The conversation went along like this:

"Hey, Mom, is this one of your sewing books?"
"Oh yes, I remember buying that...."
"Are you using it?"
"No...."
"Can I have it?"
"Yes..."

Lol, my mom. :) Anyway, I looked through it. And? I love it!

  

It is "24-Hour Sewing Projects" by Linda Causee. Full of cute ideas! I mean, look at these book covers!


And this Suede Evening Purse!


Lots of things for the kitchen to sew up..


Also for gift-giving..


The first page of contents..


The instructions are very clear. The diagrams are easy-to-read. What's not to love???


I think this is a fabulous book! It would make the perfect gift for a sewer!

MJ

I am in no way affiliated with Lind Causee. I am just an excited reader wanting to share a great book. :)


16 comments:

  1. So jealous but happy you found a cute sewing book! The ideas look very fun!
    Your mom sounds so nice and funny..she probably was just trying to joke around by acting hesitant, lol!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan!
      And my mom was rolling her eyes the whole time! She still hasn't gotten used to my crafting obsession, lol. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. I think I will buy the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Anni, and I think you definitely should, it's an amazing book! :)

      Delete
  3. The book sounds wonderful.
    I love to sew, so this would be a good addition to my little library. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crafty Daisy--and I'm sure it would! :)

      Delete
  4. That's a nice sewing book. I have a few, which I use as references when I try to make something. For some reason, I just can't follow sewing book step by step. hehe... >.< they do have great techniques to learn from though. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Orville. He he...they do, they do! ;)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your review. I always like to learn about new sewing books. Those book covers are really cute and the bag, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kimberlee! Me too :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like there are some fun projects in there.
    Looking forward to see what you make :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, I can't wait to start sewing! :)

      Delete
  7. A great find! And a great review.
    I like the way you keep trying new things in your blog
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amalia, thank you, you are so sweet! :)

      Delete
  8. The book looks like fun, will have to keep my eye open for that one. Hope you will show us what you make from it, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤