Monday, February 10, 2014

Guest Post- A Card and Coordinating Shadow Box

*This is a guest post done by Kimberly Holden. You can visit her amazing blog, Kimberly's Crafty Creations, here. :)*

Hi there! This is Kimberly from Kimberly's Crafty Creations ... KimberlyAnn207.blogspot.com. I have two amazing daughters and a brand new granddaughter. I've been married for 15 years and live in Central New Jersey. My favorite thing to do is crafting ... Cardmaking, scrapbooking, etc. I just started making shadowboxes recently and find I really enjoy them too! If I can get my Copic markers out, I'm a happy girl!

Today, I'm honored to guest post here at Little Panda Crafts. I'm going to share with you a card, with a coordinating Shadowbox, that I made for my older daughter, Jenna.


To begin, here is my card ... It features the lovely Queen of Hearts Marci stamp from La La Land Crafts. I used a digi stamp on X-Press it paper and colored her with Copic Markers. I used E00, E21 and R20 for her face, E17 and E18 for her hair. I used R35, R37 and R39 for the reds, N0 and N1 for the grays and Y23 for the golds.


I started by using a red card blank from American Crafts. I added a black layer that I embossed using an Anna Griffin Embossing Folder. Next came the pretty papers from My Minds Eye. I added some black ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, three hand-quilled roses using a La La Land Crafts dies and three black Martha Stewart pearls.


I used Whispers black opaque Embossing Powder for the Happy Valentines Day on the front.


Inside, I stamped again using Zing Glitter Embossing Powder in red. I added a brad from Michael's Recollections, signed it in a Sakura Gelly Roll pen and that's it! All done! It'll be on its way to sunny California tomorrow! I notice that the glitter embossing powder isn't perfect but I suppose that's all part of the homemade idea ...


Next we have the coordinating shadowbox. This is also for my daughter, Jenna ... She has always been a huge Alice in Wonderland fan so I thought this was just perfect for her :)

I started by gluing the frame together and then painted it with FolkArt Blue Pearl Metallic acrylic paint. On the hearts across the top I put huge amounts of Martha Stewarts Sugar Cube Glitter acrylic paint. I mod podged a 6x6 paper from Prima Marketings Firefly collection to the base. I've been saving that paper for a "special occasion" so I'm glad I finally used it! lol


While all that was drying, I colored up Marci and my very first Luka! On Marci I used E00, E21 and R11 on her face. Her hair is E30 and E53. Marci's dress is colored in B32,  B34 and C00.

On Luka I used E00, E21 and R11 for his face. His hair is E42 and E53. His adorable suit is colored in BV00, BV04, BG11, BG15, YG13 and YG17.


I painted the heart in the center and cut two Heart Doilys from La La Land Crafts. I also used LLLC's Rolled Flower dies, the Heart Border dies and the Leaf dies ... Sorry, I can't remember the exact names. I topped it off with one of LLLC's adorable butterflies!




Well, I am sorry this turned into an epic novel but I wanted to share these with you! I hope you've enjoyed them! Please feel free to email me at kimberlyann207@gmail.com if you have any questions! Be sure to stop by my blog as well at kimberlyann207.blogspot.com

Thank you again, MJ, for having me! It is truly an honor!

Hugs and love,
Kimberly 

20 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly,
    I just wanted to say thank you again for guest posting today! The shadow box and card are so cute! Jenna certainly is one lucky daughter! :)
    ♥ MJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MJ! Thank you so much for having me! It was a pleasure and an honor to guest post on your blog! Hope to see you again soon :) Hugs, Kimberly

      Delete
  2. Hi! I read your post once and then read it again, it was really that good :) I love the Queen of Hearts card! The message you wrote for your daughter is really sweet too, lol. The shadow box looks adorable, I like Alice the best! :) I haven't really tried using Copics yet, even though my friend has a whole set of colors, since she draws manga. Now I can't wait to borrow a few to make some cards or boxes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anni :) Thank you so much for your amazing comment! I hope you will get your hands on those Copics ... Once you do, you'll be glad you did! They are so much fun to color with :) I would love to see what you design! Hugs, Kimberly

      Delete
  3. Copics is so fun.
    Love your card and box.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crafty Daisy :) Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed my post! Hugs, Kimberly

      Delete
  4. Your shadow box and card is just stunning! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hailey! Thank you so much for such an amazing compliment! I'm humbled! Hugs :) Kimberly

      Delete
  5. So, so, so adorable. You are very talented, I'm no good at copics! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan Lin :) Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm sure you are better with Copics than you think! I collected mine one at a time having no idea how to color or really even what to color lol ... Got a couple stamps and kept practicing ... I still think my coloring is just "OK" ... Hugs, Kimberly

      Delete
  6. Loving the coloring on these cards. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Boriville :) Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comment and taking the time to view my very long post! I'm so glad you liked it! Hugs :) Kimberly

      Delete
  7. Wow love both items, you did a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Tumness .. Thank you so much! I really enjoyed creating them and am so glad you enjoyed viewing my post :) Hugs, Kimberly

      Delete
  8. Wow! So many comments! So many kind words! thank you all so very much! I'm truly honored! It's nerve wracking putting your stuff out there for everyone to see and hoping its "good enough!" Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'm so inspired to get creating! Big hugs and much love, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colouring is gorgeous…another Copic lover here ;)
    I am loving your shadow box. My one daughter is an Alice in Wonderland fan as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy :) Thank you so much! Isn't Marci/Alice in Wonderland just adorable? I'm so glad you liked my post! Hugs, Kimberly

      Delete
  10. I love your coloring--the shadow box is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia :) Thank you so so much! I'm still pretty new to Copics ... I've been coloring for about a year! I do enjoy it so much and adding in the shadowboxes and painting and gluing and just getting crafty really is so good for the soul! I'm so glad you liked my pieces! Hugs, Kimberly

      Delete
  11. Your Tip Me Tuesday link is incredible this week! In fact, my readers would love to bookmark it in their craft rooms. Did you know that if you upload this blog post into your Tip Junkie craft room using at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL then Tip Junkie readers can favorite it which instantly bookmarks it so they can find it later? {Whoohoo!} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}
    http://www.tipjunkie.com/post/how-to-add-a-craft-room-project-on-tip-junkie/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤