Thursday, March 13, 2014

Easy DIY Animal String Organizers


Hello! ^_^
You know by now that I love all kinds of crafts, including sewing. But my threads were all in a messy, tangled pile....anyone else have these problems? Lol. It was starting to drive me a little crazy, because I like being organized, but I don't want to spend ages trying to think of some organizational system that will work! But....A little while back, I saw these cute tutorials for making DIY thread/string organizers at High Walls and Little White Whale. I decided it was high-time I made my own, with a little spin on the project! These organizers are super easy!

Materials:

-cardstock
-marker
-thread/string/yarn/twine

First, cut out your cardstock rectangles. I wanted to start off with three organizers, so I cut out an orange, a white, and a red that was pink on the other side.


Cut your "ears" depending on which animals you are making. I was making a pig, a cat, and a panda.


Using your marker, draw the animal faces.


You are going to cut slits on the sides, for where the thread will start off and the two possible spots for where it will end. I marked the areas for the slits on my panda organizer:


Decide what string you want to use, and then wrap them around your animals, starting off with having the thread go through the second slit on the left, and ending with going through the top slit on the left OR the slit on the right. 


Admire your string organizer cuties!


I like these because they are super easy to store! Since they're thin, I can jam them into the sides of one of my kinda-full plastic craft bins..something I couldn't do with regular spools. I now have a great place to keep all of my "spare threads" that otherwise would have been left as a tangled mess! :)

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!

love love love! MJ



14 comments:

  1. So adorable and incredibly easy! Great idea, and sounds perfect if you're the person who has a tight craft storage space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hailey! >_< ♡

      Delete
  2. cute and practical - a winning combination!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amalia! ·_< ♡

      Delete
  3. What a great idea, and they look super cute. Glad that you made a panda one lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dawn! The panda is my favorite :)

      Delete
  4. These are so cute and practical.
    I love to be organized as well and these will keep all of your twine cutely organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute and totally more organised!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤