Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Guest Post ~ Easel Card

*This is a guest post done by Angeline. You can visit her fabulous blog here! :) *
~~~~~~

Hi! I'm Angeline from ScrappyScrappy.blogspot.com. I'm from Malaysia and am an IT geek by day and a crafter by night (or whenever I can).  I started scrapbooking a few years ago by purchasing my first mini album kit from my local scrapbook store. Before that, I had no clue at all about scrapbooking. After that fateful day, it never stopped! I love spending hours in my scrappy room making cards, mini albums, art journals, 3D projects, mixed media projects … anything scrappy, I love!  

***

Today I made an easel card for you and here's the easy step-by-step to make one!


***

1. Get a piece of cardstock. Mine measures at 4 1/8" x 11". I've scored at the purple lines. 

Tip: You can create various size cards by keeping this in mind. 
Score the first line at half (lengthwise) of whatever your card size is. 
Then proceed to score the at half the measurement of what you have just scored. 


2. Fold at the first score line you made (half the card size) and fold the other score line the opposite way to create a small flap. You will get something like this.



3. Apply some of your favorite adhesive on the smaller flap.


4. Then cut a piece of cardstock HALF the size your first cardstock (in step 1). Mine measures at 4 1/8" x 5 1/2". Then adhere it to the small flap.


Finally, just embellish away!! Here's my finished easel card :) 


When it is close shut, it looks like this. This makes it easier for you to mail it. 
The gorgeous butterfly is from Prima and I added some Heidi Swapp color shine around it.


The sentiment is by Unity Stamp. I stamped the flower in some gold ink.

Tip: Remember for your base piece, you'd want to put the sentiment piece adhered at about half your cardstock size. This would ensure your card will stand and not lay flat or too low. Also, the paper should be slightly thicker to ensure it doesn't slide.


I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. For more of my work, do visit my blog or Facebook page. Feel free to leave me a comment and say Hi :) Thanks MJ for having me on your cute blog!



12 comments:

  1. Love the card so much Angeline, beautifully done!
    It was a pleasure having you guest post! Come again anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MJ for having me! It was my pleasure :)

      Delete
  2. Your card is so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..your card is just beautiful :) The butterfly looks so nice...love the flowers too!
    I'll be sure to check out your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! I'll have to check out your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card and the stamps you used--beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness your card has just blown me away! I love butterflies, and that stamp is gorgeous! SO need one for myself!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, and a great tutorial as well :)
    Love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, you are all awesome! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤