Monday, April 28, 2014

interview: cory @ cranberry deer

Today we have an interview with Cory @ Cranberry Deer .

Cranberry Deer

 Let's get started, shall we? ^_^

                 

1. Hi, Cory! We're so happy to have you here today! :) Tell us a little about yourself.

Hello! I'm Cory, and my blog is Cranberry Deer. I love guinea pigs, documentaries, the smell of old books, and green tea. I blog about creative folk, craft, clothing, and other bits and bobs (including the odd recipe every now and then!). I started my blog in March 2014, so I am still very new to the blogging world.


2. What inspired you to start a blog?

I have always loved reading blogs and so I wanted to start my own. I started using Pinterest in 2011, which really made me interested in the blogging community. It has taken me a while to develop my blog name, and I am still trying to get a ‘rhythm’ in what I blog, so it is not so random! But I am extremely grateful that I now have a few followers. It is really nice to know that someone out there is interested in what you are posting, and I always love arriving home to emails and comments from my followers.


3. What are the topics you mainly blog about?

I blog about different artists around the world, and different clothing lines that are relatively new to the market. I tend to blog about anyone creative that is just starting out, or who is not as well recognised. I guess I could call them indie designers. I also blog about different DIY’s I have found, photography inspiration, beauty, tea, and recipes. 


4. What made you decide to start blogging?

After reading so many blogs, I really wanted to join in on the blogging community. I had seen all the opportunities that bloggers have, and one day I just sat down and started a blog! I was honestly just a bit bored, and I thought that blogging would be a great way to keep myself occupied. I also loved chatting to Etsy designers and other small store owners about their products, so now being able to post about the stores I love to my followers and get feedback is very rewarding.



5. What are your feelings on blogging and/or tips for new bloggers?

Well I am new to blogging myself, but all I can say is to put yourself out there. Don’t be afraid to talk to bigger blogs about doing a guest post or interview with them. Also, commenting on other blogs and leaving you blog URL is a really great way to bring attention to your blog. Another tip I have is don’t get too caught up in how many followers you have. It is all about content. If you are posting great content then followers are sure to come along. And try to be unique and know who your audience is, that way when you post content you know whether the post is going to be a hit or miss. For example, if your followers are all 20-30, don’t try and advertise the new Barbie collection!

*image done by Cory :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much for being over for an interview, Cory! ^_^  Be sure to check out her lovely little links here:


~also~

Are you interested in an interview? Please let me know by dropping me a message in the contact form (located on the sidebar). I'd love to have you over on here! :)

love love love! MJ

12 comments:

  1. I recently discovered Cory's blog and I absolutely LOVE it!
    I especially love her blog design, I think it's super adorable.

    xo sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It is, I wonder how she made it! :)

      Delete
  2. Cory's blog design is so pretty! Love her blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely interview, I love Cory's blog. And thank you for putting my blog on your sidebar! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her blog is amazing :) And no problem! :)

      Delete
  4. Great questions MJ :)
    Another blogger to check out :)
    Fun blog post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! Definitely check out her blog :)

      Delete
  5. a great post, MJ! like how you're always trying new things
    and Cory is a great find - her blog is beautiful
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amalia, you are so sweet! :)

      Delete
  6. sweet little interview--looks like cory's blog will be added to my list of favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! She'd be happy to here that, I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤