Tuesday, May 27, 2014

guest post // mrs. brimbles and bunny sewing

*This is a guest post done by Mrs. Brimbles. You can visit her fabulous blog here! :) *
~~~~~

Hi, I am Anna although most commonly known in the arting and filofax community as Mrs Brimbles, which is a nickname based on my actual name, bit of a long story really but anyway, what I am most commonly known for is my love of bunnies and my love of drawing and painting said bunnies.

I am forever drawing bunnies in my art journal. I just can't help it, I love the little critters and it is my pair of little cutie pies that I draw my inspiration from. My girls are both adopted, we have had them for four years now but they are actually 8 and 7, Mum and Daughter. They are such a delightful pair of little characters and that coupled with my love of things Kawaii leads me to my simplistic little bunny characters.

I thought I would take my drawings just that little step further. I have joined a group of crafting ladies and we meet once a fortnight and sit round and craft together. Most of the other ladies sew, crochet or make jewellery and I am a novice in all areas but I am slowly practicing and getting there. I thought I would combine my bunny doodles with sewing and see what happened so here we go...


So everything that I needed I luckily already had. I have loads of cottons and embroidery thread than I inherited from Mr B's granny and I also have a load of buttons and various scraps of fabric just waiting for a project of some kind. Oh and a pair of Mr B's old jeans that he ripped but I couldn't bear to throw away, I just knew the material would come in handy one day and that day came!

I started off by drawing my little bunny out onto a piece of felt and then cut it out. I later altered the shape of her face as I just didn't like how it was looking.


I drew on her features and then I stitched over them to make eyes and a nose. I know my stitching isn't the greatest but I love that it looks a little rustic and childlike. I then drew out her clothes. In hindsight I wish I had made her clothes a different shape too but never mind, I still like the overall finished piece.

I gave her a little top with her arms behind her back and a little denim dungaree dress with a button on the front. I used cream thread and stitched over the denim as I wanted that to be like the detailing you would normally see on jeans. Once that was done I then sewed the entire lot onto the fabric that I had put on my embroidery ring. And I have to say that I am really pleased with the finished result. I have never attempted a project like this before so I am very proud of myself and I would certainly do something like this again. It was a very enjoyable process. Not at all bad for a novice sewer!



If you would like to know how I draw my little bunnies so that you too could do this piece, I have a five part series on how to draw little cuties and it starts with the video below:



~~~~~~

15 comments:

  1. Sooooooooo cute! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww your bunny is adorable.
    It is always exciting to learn a new craft and you seem to be really good at it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, but you know I have hardly ever done any sewing and I am so new to this, I am just learning lol x

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! Going to try it this weekend, thanks for sharing!
    Amalia xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that is very exciting, I would love to see what you do x

      Delete
  4. Haha! So cute, I love bunnies too!

    For me, random silly doodles of cats and kittens fill my notebooks and school notes margins...Technically, there're everywhere... >.< hehe...

    ~Natasha
    thestoryofthisgirlslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that is so cute! I think everyone has a little something that they love to doodle over and over :D

      Delete
  5. Such cute bunnies, I doodle a little but I don't have the artistic ability most of my family has... however; I can write :) Have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bunny, adorable! Just wanted to say thank you again for guest posting :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have nominated you for the Sunflower Blogger Award. If you would like to do it... go to missashablog.blogspot.com for more info.

    Thankyou...

    PS... Loving your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Asha! Will check it out right away :)

      Delete
  8. That's funny, I do too. I am a cat person yet from about 11 I have drawn bunnies everywhere. I just like the shape of them and how cute they are. Mine are quite different from yours though and get drawn everywhere - on bag pockets, on pictures on scraps of paper and on envelopes. I love your cute bunnies, I love their cute little expressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I would love to see your bunnies if you care to share x

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤