Friday, May 30, 2014

Sunflower Awards

I have a problem with procrastination (well, sometimes, anyway). Cory and Ashley both nominated me for awards, but I've been so busy lately I never got around to doing them (so, so sorry!) And when I did have the time, the procrastinator in me kept saying, "Do it tomorrow!" Which is why, when today Asha nominated me for an award, I told myself I would sit down and type up all three awards, two in this post and the Liebster Award in the next post. That was final. Which is also why this is a totally long post!!! Be ready for this! :) *deep breath * Let's get started!


I was nominated for the Sunflower Award by the sweet bloggers Ashley and Asha!

The rules are as follows:

1. Share 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the questions set by the blogger that nominated you
3. Nominate bloggers
4. Set 7 questions for nominated bloggers

Let's get started!

11 Facts About Me:


I like to write.

My favorite color is black.
I daydream..a lot!
I do martial arts.
I'm not very good at sports..besides swimming, of course!
My taste in music is EDM.
I rarely ever bring an umbrella when it's raining, because I love the rain.
I love scrapbooking and have a habit of keeping things--odd bits of letters or envelopes, old photos, or newspaper clippings--only because they bring memories I'd rather like to keep.
My birthday is June 26.
I will cry a lot when reading books and not be afraid to admit it.
I like to watch heartbreaking animes.

~~~

And now, here are the questions from Ashley:

1. What life experience in particular has helped you grow? 
That there are many fake friends, in the world, take this quote for example:
“What a desperate, pathetic fool I was. Time after time, my "friends" had shown me their true colors. Yet, I still wanted to believe they were sorry for causing me pain. p. 128” 
― Jodee BlancoPlease Stop Laughing at Me... One Woman's Inspirational Story
I learned that there are many people who will try to use you, and knowing so leaves a sting, however, also knowing they can't hurt you anymore is a great relief. 

2. What do people generally know you for/as?
The fangirling, crafting math secretary. (I watch anime, my friends know I craft; I take an advanced math course, and I'm secretary for student council.)

3. What is something many people do not know about you?
That I have a blog~only my close friends and family know about this blog..besides you lovely readers ;)

4. What is one word that doesn't describe you? Please put a little explanation, too!
Immodest. When someone compliments me, I tend to feel happy, yet a little embarrassed. 

5. What is your general outlook on the world?
The world is harsh; we have wars, bitter arguments, and betrayal, but in the end, all anyone wants to be is accepted.

6. What is the funniest/most embarrassing lesson you have ever learned?
Hmm..I think it was the time I fell asleep during church? Yes, I admit it! I try to be a good Christian, but things do happen every now and then..We were at a different church than usual on Saturday, because we had something planned out on Sunday. It was during the homily when all of a sudden, I felt extremely tired, can't-keep-my-eyes-open kind of tired. So, I closed them momentarily--and the next thing I remember was my sister shaking me awake with a hiss of "Why are you sleeping in church?" I looked up, and the priest, who was still giving his sermon, was staring at me. *blush* Talk about being embarrassed! After Mass, he didn't acknowledge me as I left. He was a foreign priest, and I think he was disgusted or upset by my "little nap". I  truly felt bad and I wished I had gone back and apologized, or something...oh well, at least I've been to Confession recently, he he. :)

7. What are you a total geek about?
Please don't judge! =)
~Reading--friends will always joke around about how I actually "read for fun"..I say that they're missing out ;)
~Anime! I watch it whenever I can, and I've cried through episodes. Seriously. And I'm always blabbing about the storyline to anyone who will listen :)
~Pinterest! Addicted to pinning, that sums it up..

~~~~
And now, here are the questions from Asha:

1. What is the first thing you ever remember from when you were a baby?
I'm not sure! :) Ha ha..let's go with when I started remembering my times at the zoo?

2. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Flying! It may sound stupid, but I've always wanted to fly. I've even had lots of dreams about flying..yes, know you're definitely convinced of my weirdness :)

3. What do you want to be when you are older?
Not sure. I know that I want to still write and craft as hobbies, and I am interested in biology and math, but I'm still trying to decide...

4. What is your favourite food?
Why these kind of questions??? Lol, I can never decide..I like noodles, rice, pizza, lasagna, chocolate..I'm not the person you'd want to ask, because my list would certainly drag on. 

5. Do you prefer to cook or order take-away?
I can cook, but not a lot. And take-out is just too fun, which is why I usually pick up Chinese on special Friday nights. :)

6. Thoughts on Ariana Grande?
At first, I didn't like Ariana Grande...at least, not her character in Victorious! Then, when I heard her voice, I realized, wow, she can sing! She's one of my favorite artists now. :)

7. What is one of your favourite phrases? 

Now, for nominees and questions! I nominate:

Here are your questions:

1. What is your favorite kind of flower?
2. Latest song you've found inspiring?
3. Recent milestone in your life? 
4. Favorite hobby?
5. When is your birthday? 
6. Motto you live by?
7. How many siblings do you have, if any?

Finished!!! I think I'll take a break from my laptop for now, ha ha. ;)

love love love! MJ



16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me! I'm starting on my post right now. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure..I love your blog and can't wait to see your post! :)

      Delete
  2. oh thats so nice! thx for inviting, I will do it soon

    kisses
    http://angeliqueprefers.blogspot.gr/2014/05/may-nails.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog, and can't wait to see your post! :)

      Delete
  3. well done! and well deserved!
    I like how you keep working at your blog, adding new things
    amalia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amalia, you're so sweet :) It's been fun trying out new things on the blog :)

      Delete
  4. Martial arts...wow, you are one fabulous crafter! Loving your blog lots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yep, I've been doing martial arts ever since last year. And thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the nomination MJ, I am touched that you thought of me... I am a bit busy right now... I met a nice guy, so just seeing how that goes... My favorite quote is Whether you think you can or can't, you're right... !!!

    Have a great weekend, thank you again for your lovely and uplifting comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Launna, and that's fine :) Oooh..hope it goes well for you! *wink wink*
      Have a fabulous weekend :)

      Delete
  6. You're one trooper for typing up this long post :) You sound so interesting, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Jan! :)

      Delete
  7. I loved it! Such lovely answers MJ. Thank you for the nomination :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cory! And no problem, since you nominated me for the Liebster, I thought, why not return the love :)

      Delete
  8. Great questions and I enjoyed learning more about you :)
    Thank you for passing the award on to me :) I will work on it…but I am a bigger procrastinator than you..ive had a lot more years to work on it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      No problem...dear procrastination, ha ha. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤