Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Felt Macaroon Plushie Tutorial


Hello! ^_^
 I have a fun felt food tutorial for you all today--a macaroon plushie! This is my first time sewing up a macaroon, and I am sure I will be making more with a few changes! :)

Sorry for the bad pictures! I didn't have very good lighting, and the filter didn't change things that much. ;(

You can get the template here.




This is what you will need for the top of the macaroon. You will have to cut out another set of these for the bottom of the macaroon, too.


Sew a face onto one of these felt pieces.


Press the piece against another one, with the face facing in. Blanket stitch the right side, starting and ending your knots on the outside. This is because we will be flipping the plushie after sewing. Hope I am making sense!


Do the same with the other two pieces. You should end up with this.


Open up both pieces, and press them together with the face still facing inward. Blanket stitch the top as shown.


You should now have this little tent.


Flip the tent over.


Fit the felt circle on the top and blanket stitch around. Be sure to leave a gap, as we will be turning the plushie inside out!


Turn the tent inside out. You now have the face on the outside.


Stuff the plushie, sewing the gap closed.




Go through the same steps again, except without sewing on a face, to get the top and bottom of the macaroon.

Almost done! Now we just have to sew up the filling for the macaroon :)


Cut out two circles of felt.


Blanket stitch all around, leaving a gap.


Turn the circle inside out, pulling it through the gap. Stitch the gap closed.


Stitch or hot glue the filling to the bottom of the macaroon.


Stitch or hot glue the top of the macaroon to the filling. 

You're finished! ^_^

I'm seriously craving a macaroon now ;) Anyway, I've been super busy this week and I know that I haven't gotten over to commenting to all blogs yet....I will try my best later this afternoon. Sorry if I haven't visited you yet, but I will, I promise! :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely day :)

love love love! MJ
   

30 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! I love it, and I was actually thinking of making some real macaroons this weekend. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! :) Ooh, sounds yum. I love macaroons :)

      Delete
  2. Ahaha! That's uber cute!!! <3

    ~Natasha
    thestoryofthisgirlslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Natasha! :)

      Delete
  3. That is so cute <3
    http://ifashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Priscilla! I love macaroons :)

      Delete
  5. So great! Love it!
    http://adelinaschoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diana! You are so nice :)
      Sure! I will stop by your blog as soon as I can :)

      Delete
  7. Aww this is so cute! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ananka! <3 macaroons :)

      Delete
  8. Wow! Really spectacular effect! I love that *o*

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Etwira! Sure, I will asap! :)

      Delete
  9. so cute :) all your DIYs are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so cute, I want to buy some rn. I've never tried a macaroon before b/c they are extremely expensive.

    Daisy l littlekawaiidaisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Daisy! I coudl go for one right now too :) I know, right? The first time I tried them I was pretty surprised at the price..but hey, macaroons are yummy anyway :)

      Delete
  11. How cute MJ... you are so talented with creating and making these adorable plushies♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Launna! Your compliments are so sweet :)

      Delete
  12. Hello lovely, thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    Great post, this is so cute!!

    I have a new outfit post, would love to know your thoughts:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this is so cute, i wanna try this! Actually ive been trying to do what you posted in your blog hehe <3

    Join my Giveaway here!
    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! Ha ha, so happy you're trying out my crafts! :)

      Delete
  14. Another cute plushie
    I have never had one of these macaroon cookies before, but I am seeing them all over on instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy!
      The first time I tried them was in Montreal. I know, I see pretty photos all over insta ;)

      Delete
  15. so cute! I love the pink xo

    cranberrydeer.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤