Monday, July 14, 2014

flan in a teacup // plushies



Hello! ^_^
I was sick for the past two days--runny nose, a cough, eyes that hurt (that's allergies for you) and I just didn't feel like posting. 

So I decided to do a post for today, as I'm feeling partly better. 

So, I was over on my lovely blogging friend Amy's blog, and I found a super cute tutorial for a flan in a teacup (hers is below). Isn't it adorable?


So I thought I'd try making one myself. Unfortunately, I didn't have caramel colored felt (why, A.C. Moore?) but I did have brown, so I settled for a chocolate flan. I've never tried chocolate flan before, but it looks pretty good and I'm a chocoholic so..


Yes, the spoon was necessary ;)


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out :) Maybe I can do some craft store hunting and find some caramel for an original flan..

I made other plushies too!


This is... a pumpkin spice latte. Yes, maybe this plushie is more October-ish, but I wanted one--in summer--so here it is. ;)


This is a close-up of the top ^_^


Next! A microwave mug brownie (I'll probably have a recipe for one coming up soon!) and I added a whipped cream topping.


This is a pudding plushie with a cat face, whipped cream, and a leaf. I'll probably be making another one, since I got a little sloppy with the stitches.


This is a kawaii cake roll plushie. :)


And lastly--a sushi plushie. I don't actually eat sushi --the thought of raw fish isn't too appealing--but it looks really cute, ha ha ;)

Hope you are having a great summer so far! 

love love love! MJ
   

30 comments:

  1. so cute :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable MJ... you are so very talented... I hope you are feeling better soon... allergies can be awful :/

    I am not sure what I had but I am so glad that it passed... Thank you for you lovely comment :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Launna! You are too sweet! I am feeling better :)
      Glad you are feeling well :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for linking to me! I'm so excited that someone made one of my plushies, yours is so cute! All of your plushies are really cute. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I *heart* your flan! Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  4. these are so nice! hope you feel better soon
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amalia! I am feeling better :)

      Delete
  5. These are so cute...I love the pumpkin spice latte. One of my favorite things to drink in the fall.

    Daisy l littlekawaiidaisy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Daisy! I love lattes, pumpkin spice is also my favorite in the fall :)

      Delete
  6. The cups are so cute.
    I like the little sushi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lilith! I love making sushi plushies :)

      Delete
  7. The tea cup is my favourite- really want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you--I could go for a cup myself :)

      Delete
  8. amazing blog<3

    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. MJ you are so brilliant at this! I can t even imagine of doing such lovely things myself! I really wish to have the tea cup! :D

    Hugs & kisses
    Ritcha
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ritcha! You are too sweet :) I'm sure you could!

      Delete
  10. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!!
    Please check out my post for details!!
    http://lucyslifethroughalense.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lucy! Will be checking it out :)

      Delete
  11. I have never had flan before, but if it is sweet I am sure I will love them ;)
    All of your plushies are so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, you would probably love flan :)
      Thank you! :)

      Delete
  12. Awwww!!!!

    xoxo Asha

    missasha.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww the sushi plushie is so cute!! Sushi is my favourite food ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sachiko! I haven't tried sushi, since the thought of raw fish doesn't appeal to me, but my friend suggested trying ones with vegetables instead of fish. I am sure I will love it! :)

      Delete
  14. These look so cute! I wish I could make them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ananka! I'm sure you could--you just need felt, thread and needle, and how to do a few stitches (mostly blanket stitch). :)

      Delete
  15. omg the plushies look so cute *-*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤