Tuesday, August 12, 2014

felt molang sugar holder


Today I made a cute felt molang sugar holder. Do you have a tea or coffee drinking friend who could use the sugar? This makes a really cute and thoughtful gift to store your sugar packets. ;) And it's super simple to make!

UPDATE: Per recent request, I have added the template. Right click and hit "Save As" to get. ;)



Let's start!


You need felt cut out into these shapes, as well as matching thread and needle, and a bit of cotton batting.


For the ears, put two ear pieces together and blanket stitch them. 


Once you're finished with the ears, put two of the cup handle pieces together and stitch.


Since you have 3 cup pieces, take one of them and stitch the ears and handle on.


Take the other cup piece and sew them both together, except for the top, so that you have a little pocket.


This is how it should look like so far.


With your last felt cup piece, sew the face on. 


Lay the last cup piece on top of the two you already sewed together. 


Sew the piece onto the one underneath it, stuffing it slightly.


And you're done! Now you can put in your favorite sugar packets or sweeteners. Since I only buy the large bags of sugar instead of little packets, I used the leftover Dunkin Donut ones I picked up yesterday when I was getting coffee.



I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you make this, do let me know! :)

love love love! MJ

22 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Such a great idea. :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that is adorable! Oh, I must try to make one! Aww again!
    -Eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really neat! Though, I do'n't have any felt on hand.. :P Your great at going tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw this is adorable! I could see this being used to store various things, not just sugar. I love how it's cheeks are blushing :D

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. MJ... this is another creative item... how cute would these be for gifts for the people in your life that drink tea or coffee.. very sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww she is so so cute.
    I like the idea of using the pocket as a sugar holder….but you could use this little cutie for so many other things as well.
    It would be cute for a gift card holder, with different dimensions…so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. It makes the perfect gift for people close to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww this is too cute! Will be making these for unopened tea holder <3

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this idea, what a cute way to store sugar. Owo I love the blushies >//v//<

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute and creative!
    http://ifashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool!! And your instructions are really clear!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this it is really cute can you make a template pretty please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! :) template is up xx

      Delete
  13. This is too cute-I need to make it sometime!
    Jubilee
    strawberriegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just so cute and what a great idea. I love it. What a cute little face :-)

    Did you get the bees problem sorted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ananka!
      No, not yet--we're all out of sprays in our area! The ones that we had purchased previously aren't working..hopefully we can get the problem under control. Thank you for asking! :)

      Delete
  15. aww it's so s soooo cuute ** looks so sweeet ~

    My blog ♥ New Review

    ReplyDelete
  16. This blog is so sweet :)))
    I hope you will visit me and maybe we can follow each other??:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love this post and your blogstyle!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Facebook, Bloglovin, dear? I'd like to keep in touch!
    Let me know with a comment on my blog, I promise that I'll follow you back!

    Blog: J'aime les feuilles rouges
    My last outfit: Italian Summer Scent

    xoxo Marta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤