Monday, August 11, 2014

pink totoro plush + ramblings


Hello! ^_^ 
I'm so excited from the pink totoro plushie I made using this tutorial. It was my first "big" plushie, and I love how it turned out! Of course, Totoro is originally grey, but the girly girl in me had to make it pink, ha ha.
I didn't really want Totoro with feet, so I didn't sew on any. He looks cute anyway ;)

now on with the ramblings..

^^ Today is my mom's birthday, so I'll be leaving soon to help pick up the cake and pizza. And then tomorrow's Panda Boy's birthday. Fun days! 

^^  Have any of you been having problems with bees? We have a whole nest outside next to the front door. No matter how many sprays we try, nothing's working, and the bees are getting through a hole they made into the house--and you know how I get around insects. Oh no.. :(

^^ How is your summer going? Classes start back up again for me on the 28. *trying to make the most of the days left now*

^^ Surgical stitch is super easy. For my totoro plush, I wasn't sure what to stitch the two outer body pieces together with. I think Aiko used a blanket stitch, but that isn't what you usually use for making stuffed animals, so she probably used a different stitch. I also wanted to use a stitch that wouldn't make me turn turn Totoro inside out. So my mom advised using the surgical stitch. (No surprise there, she's a doctor, lol) And it worked pretty well!

^^ I want to have real plants in my house. All I have are fake plants, and they do look pretty, but I want some real ones. But I can't bring myself to go to Home Depot or Lowes to get any...because again how I get scared around insects. 
Plants = Soil = Bugs. *sigh* Sticking with the fake plants for now. ;)

love love love! MJ

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a fun summer, except for the bees. ;)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. where I am we dont really have bee problems lol! But have a good rest of summer!
    ifashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJ, the plushie looks adorable, I would have chosen a girly color too :)

    I haven't seen extra bees this year, which is good but this has not been a typical summer, pretty cool out :)

    Enjoy the rest of the summer before school starts back, my Valentina is doing the same thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another adorable Plushie :) Had a chuckle about your doctor mom suggesting a surgical stitch, so cute.
    Happy Birthday to both your mom and your little brother :)
    Are they bee's or wasps. Wasps are not good. I use Raid Wasp & Hornet bug killer at our cottage. You can spray it from far away into the nest and that takes care of them.
    Bee's are becoming sparse and they are important to pollination….so I hope they aren't bees.
    As for real plants and bug, you don't usually get bugs with indoor plants..I say usually as there are times that you do. But my problem isn't bugs, its remembering to water them, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I found out that that they were wasps--yellow jackets. Lol about the plant watering ;) Thank you so much for your help!

      Delete
  5. She looks so cute and cuddly.
    Happy birthday to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous plush! I love it :-)

    Oh dear that's a shame about the bees - I've got a few living in my garden but not a whole nest :-|

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I thought I put your name in for the nominees in my award, but I guess I didn't. So, I went back and added you! So, your awarded! ;) Hehe! Have a glorious day!
    ~Sarah Margaret♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! I love totoro!! This is the cutest little plushie I've seen. Maybe maybe I'll try my hand at making one...although I'm not sure how well it will turn out! Thank you so much for stopping my blog! I love yours--you have the best/cutest crafts!

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink Totoro!! So cute!! (@^0^@)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤