Friday, October 3, 2014

guest post / / tissue paper bookmark tutorial

*This is a guest post by MissLadyinLavender of Tickle Your Cute Bone. Visit her fantastic blog here!*

Hello there! Before we get started, I would just like to thank MJ for letting me make this guest post on her lovely blog. I’m so excited to be here. Anyways, I’m MissLadyinLavender and I blog over at Tickle Your Cute Bone. Some of my favorite things include the color purple, eating chocolate, and reading a good book, but most of all, I love creating. I sometimes like to think of myself as a Jackie-of-all-trades for not only am I a casual artist and writer, but I’ve dabbled in crafts such as sewing, polymer clay, card-making, embroidery, and etc. etc. etc. To me, there is nothing like creating something to comfort my soul.
---
Tissue Paper Bookmark Tutorial - Tickle Your Cute Bone
Today, I would like to share with you a step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own tissue paper bookmark. Not only is it cute, but it is also practical and easy to make. Plus, it finally gives you something to do will all that tissue paper you’ve been hoarding since your last birthday. I hope you enjoy this tutorial! Let’s begin!
1-Supplies
You Will Need:

  • Tissue Paper in a Design or Color of Your Choice
  • A Paperclip in a Design or Color of Your Choice
  • Scissors
  • A Twisty Tie

Step 2-Cut
Step 1: Begin by cutting your tissue paper into a 10 inch by 5 inch rectangle
Step 3-Roll
Step 3-Roll Finished

Step 2: Roll up the twisty tie in the long end of the tissue paper. Focus on rolling only the center where the twisty tie is.

Step 4-Twist
Step 4-Twist Finished

Step 3: Twist the center of your tissue paper roll a few times to secure the twisty tie inside.
Step 5-Unroll
Step 4: Carefully unroll the ends as much as you can without untwisting or revealing the twisty tie. It should look kind of like a bow if you do it right.
Step 6-Twist Again
Step 5: Gently scrunch up one end of your tissue paper bow so that you can thread it through the paper clip. Unscrunch the one end and twist the two “wings” until your bow is securely fixed around the paperclip. You can add a bit of glue to reduce any extra floppiness of your bookmark.
Step 7-Done!
Step 6: You’re done! Wasn’t that easy? Go ahead and enjoy your new bookmark by sticking it in a notebook or use it to mark your place in your favorite novel.


Did you enjoy this tutorial? Do you have any ideas for variations? Please let me know in the comments below!

17 comments:

  1. This is cute and it is great thing to have on hand in case the book is sad...:) Easy to make so very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute tutorial. I love bows! :)

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and quick little project….and practical as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely and pretty easy to make! :D
    Thanks for this cute bookmark idea ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! I love this its looks so easy and cute! Trying this, thank you<3
    Blog on // June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, June! I'd love to see a picture of your version if you do!

      Delete
  6. This is such a great idea and so simple! It looks really good. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Anaka, and thank you for the nice comment.

      Delete
  7. I love this tutorial. My daughter loves bows, and recently I found pretty pastel tissue paper on clearance. This is the ideal craft! I hope my paper clips turn out as cute as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you, Stacy, for your nice comment. Good luck with making your own version, I would love to see it when you finish it. Feel free to post a link if you like! ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤