Saturday, November 15, 2014

diy / / kawaii tree ornament


Hello! Thank you so much for all of your craft requests! So many great ideas...I honestly appreciate you all! xo  >3<

Anyhow, Christmas and season-themed crafts were most wanted. And I love love love Christmas, so I am in the mood for this! :D

I worked on a cute little Christmas tree today. It's very simple, so it's a good kids' craft as well. Simply blow up the template so the kids can practice their stitches easily. :)

Here is the template (Right click and hit Save As):


Let's get started!

You will need:

~the template
~green felt
~brown felt
~needle + thread
~scraps of felt in matching colors for face



Cut out your template shapes. I only put in the shape of the tree and the trunk, as you can easily freehand the faces to your liking :)



Take one of the tree pieces and cut and stitch on a face.



Put the two tree trunk pieces together and stitch. I used white so you could see it better, but of course use brown thread so it blends in well.

Then sew the trunk to the other tree shape using a felt stitch, like so. 
It doesn't matter if your stitches aren't as neat for this, as you won't see them anyway, since the top of the trunk will be covered by the other tree shape.



Put the two tree pieces together with the brown trunk facing in, and then sew together using a blanket stitch.

*I added a loop of thread at the top so that it could hang. I did this while I stitched the tree trunk to the back tree piece, You can easily do this to make an ornament, or you can even put a keychain and ribbon!
And you're done! Simple and cute, no?

I would love to see if you make this! Hashtag with #littlepandacrafts or shoot me a photo at littlepandacrafts@gmail.com

I can't wait to make more Christmas things...I have felt stockings, bunting, and other crafts in mind! :)

love love love! MJ

8 comments:

  1. Your Christmas tree plushie is so cute, MJ! I love the star and the face, it just makes it look perfectly adorable. I also think yoru stitching is really good too. Thanks for sharing this tutorial/pattern! I can't wait to see some of the other Christmas decorations/gifts you come up with!

    ---

    Tickle Your Cute Bone

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, I love it! I'm getting so excited for Christmas. :)
    Amy xx

    catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute.
    It will look adorable on your Christmas tree this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute :) will try this tuto

    luciaberta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very adorable, I'm gonna do it for Christmas to give all my friends and families (: x

    www.birdieliau.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. MJ, I am so glad people were able to give you some ideas and they inspired other ideas for you that is wonderful xox

    This little tree is adorable, I collect different ornaments for my children as they are growing up as well, I buy them a tree stand, angel and lights... this is so they can be prepared to decorate for Christmas on their own... I will see if I can make this ... if it looks good, I will let you know, I am not all that crafty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute MJ - I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. MJ, this is adorable!!! I love it :) Such a cute craft for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤