Friday, July 14, 2017

Look who's back with a new blog

Hello, everyone. I'm back!

It's been a year (more than a year, actually). My blogging break was unannounced, not exactly surprising, and completely necessary. That's right. I'm sorry it's been so long, and I've missed all of you so much, but the break was really good for me.

I hadn't felt like blogging. It had started feeling like a chore. Not to mention that I had a lot going on with studies, swimming, volunteer work, and writing. Oh, and the messiness of keeping up with American politics. That's another story.

I felt like all I really blogged about was how I felt overwhelmed, busy, indecisive, etc. I want my blog to be one of positivity, and I wasn't able to pursue that at the time.

I'm sorry to any of you who felt like you were left hanging. I promised myself I would return again sometime--when I wasn't as busy, when I felt like blogging wasn't a chore and was instead something I was looking forward to doing. 

I was positive I would return, though. In fact, I made an instagram where I just uploaded photos every day. No pressure to follow others or be followed. It was just a way for me to document the art I found the time to do, as I couldn't through blogging anymore.

I want to say thank you to those of you who sent me messages or emails to just check in with how I was doing. When there was a particular stressful day or I felt like I did have time but wasn't ready to blog, your concern was just so sweet. I hope that I replied to everyone's inquiries!

I love commenting on blogs, but since I was busy I instead resorted to scrolling through my feed and reading as many posts as I could every now and then. I didn't forget about any of my blogging friends, who have changed and grown in their own ways. So even though I haven't commented lately, just know that I've been trying my best to read posts. I've had a bit more downtime this summer, so I will catch up on commenting!

Anyway, it seems my instincts were right. I made a new blog. Like, last month. It's very minimal right now, and literally has one post--of my process photos. I was finding the time to sit down and type this up and introduce you to it. Which ended up taking me a month, because of school and finishing up finals.

So, Fold Over Rice. I'm excited. I've been able to write more, study more, and cherish little moments in life. I paint when I can and am looking for time to sew. Little Panda Crafts was a nice and long run, full of fun and memories, but I think it's time to move on to something else. Hopefully, you will too. 

Thanks for all of your support and encouragement on this blog. You've been with me since the very beginning, and you have no idea how meaningful that is to me. Let's keep in touch. <3


3 comments:

  1. yay! I'm so happy to see that you're back! I totally understand, though- I had an absolutely crazy year, and I felt like it was time for a fresh start.
    Amy xx

    A Habit Of Solitude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Good luck with that!
    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, my friend. We will be in contact. Kisses from Greece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment..it really makes my day and I appreciate every single one! :)
Be sure to check back if you have a question, as I always try to reply in the comments.
Don't forget to leave your blog address behind if you're here for the first time, so that I can visit and return the love! ❤❤❤